From the depth of ages people have admired to wear ornaments. Different materials were used to produce them. During this lesson you will know what ornaments were used in ancient Biskupin, and you may have opportunity to produce your own pendant or ring from a copper wire.
Lesson duration: approx. 45 minutes
Approx. 45 people can participate in the classes
Age of participants: over 10
I. Didactic part (approx. 20minutes):
1. Welcome-introduction to the lesson
2. The role of ornaments in prehistory- raw materials found in nature. Bronze-stop with yet unknown characteristics; not only used for making ornaments, Iron – its importance in the production of weapons and tools.
3. Presentation of the techniques used in the production of various basic metal products. Basic (forging, casting, production of wire), decorative, finishing.
4. Wire as a starting material for making many ornaments- straightening, thinning at the ends, twisting, polishing.
5. Ornaments in the Biskupin settlement 2750 years ago – the raw materials of which they were made with special emphasis on bronze ornaments found during excavations
II. The practical part (approx. 25 minutes):
1. Participants receive the necessary tools and pieces of copper wire from which they make ornaments using archaeological motifs. These hand-made pendants, pins, rings, become souvenirs from classes.
2. End of lesson- goodbye.
Information and reservations: daily from. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm by phone: (052) 30 25 055 or e-mail at: email@example.com Please order the lessons with a minimum of 7 days in advance.
Adults and children 6 PLN