During this lesson you may reach the art of beads and to know how they appeared in our land. The technology of making beads is not so simple and it is time consuming, but you will have occasion to produce your own, colorful bead from a plastic substitute.
The duration of the lesson: approx. 45 minutes
Classes for children over 5 years old.
45 people can take part in the lesson.
I. Didactic part (approx. 20 minutes)
1. Introduction to the lesson
2. The first centers of glass production – Babylonia, Egypt,
3. The Phoenicians and their invention – tibia (300-20 BC).
4. The role of Romans in improving the production of glass,
5. Early Middle Ages is a time where we have a large assortment of glass products, (ornaments, tableware, mosaic cubes).
6. Presentation of raw materials for the production of glass; coloring the glass, manufacturing
ornaments from glass raw materials,
7. Techniques used for making glass beads-description,
8. Garnet glass beads found during excavations on the Biskupin peninsula,
II. The practical part (approx. 25 minutes):
1. Participants receive kits consisting of pieces of clay and mosaic mesh, this is the material from which they make beads. They are then cured. Such a colorful necklace becomes a souvenir from the lesson.
2. End of the lesson.
Information and reservations: daily from. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm by phone: (052) 30 25 055 or e-mail at: email@example.com Please order the lessons with a minimum of 7 days in advance.
Adults and children 6 PLN