Biskupin inhabitants lived 2750 years ago basing mostly on agriculture and stock breeding. There were sown 4 species of wheat, as well as barley and Celtic bean. Herds of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats were kept on meadows and in the forest. Hunting, fishing and food gathering played also important role. In recent Biskupin you may take active part in reconstruction activities of old crafts and arts.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes to 1 hour
The number of participants taking part in the classes: up to 30 people
I. Didactic part (approx. 30 minutes):
1. Introduction to the lesson
2. The presentation of the history of research over Lusatian settlement in Biskupin,
3. The presentation of the function of Biskupin town from the middle of VIII century BC
The system of settlement fortifications together with development, woodworking (participants can familiarize themselves with replicas of tools).
4. Methods of research on archeological wood.
5. The participants get acquainted with the economic fundamentals of the human population:
acquisition of food, the inhabitants of the town were mainly farmers (they bred animals and farmed), diet was supplemented by gathering, fisheries, they also hunted for deer
Costumes of town inhabitants and ornaments
Treatment of horn and bones
Bronze -basic methods of casting bronze
II. The practical part (approx. 20-25 minutes):
1. Classes are conducted in a reconstructed hut, where the fire burns and the participants have
direct contact with the faithful copies of historic monuments.
2. The participants are encouraged to actively participate in lessons by:
Grinding wheat grains on an authentic granite stone,
Making cake from crushed grains,
Forming pies and baking the so-called scones,
3. The lesson ends with tasting the food together.
Information and reservations: daily from. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm by phone: (052) 30 25 055 or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please order the lessons with a minimum of 7 days in advance.
Adults and children 6 PLN